Approx. 1 kg whole wheel of Hacienda Zorita artisan Cured Dehesa Reserva cheese made from raw sheep's milk, from organic farm, produced in the town of Valverdón (Salamanca), Castile and Leon.
Pressed cheese, made with raw milk from local sheep's milk. Matured for 10 to 12 months - Enzymatic coagulation. Carefully cured for 12 months using a traditional culinary technique, with a clean, balanced and intense aroma.
The main characteristic of this cheese is that it is made in the traditional way from raw 'chura' sheep's milk, with the addition of natural rennet. It is matured and preserved by master cheesemakers who, despite the advances in technology, jealously guard the traditional methods of production.
It is characterised by its appearance when cut, with a large number of heterogeneously distributed holes, a pleasant aroma and a clear flavour, in which acidic and salty flavours can be perceived within the elementary ones, with spicy trigeminal sensations. The persistence in the mouth is long with a slow evolution, leaving a pleasant aftertaste.
In the mouth, very elegant acidity and light sweetness, combined with herbaceous notes of dry hay, ideal to combine with toasted nuts, with bread and white wines fermented in barrel or aged and reserve red wines.
- 5th best cheese in the world, with 99,60 points in World Championship Cheese Contest 2020
- GOLD in World Cheese Awards in 2016
- SUPER GOLD in World Cheese Awards 2015, among the best cheeses in the world.
- GOLD in World Cheese Awards in 2013
- GOLD in World Cheese Awards in 2012
- GOLD Cinch in 2010. This award ranks our cured cheese HACIENDA ZORITAORGANIC FARM as the best raw sheep's milk cheese. 858 samples from 13 countries and more than 120 tasters.
- 2010 World Championship Cheese Contest Diploma, Wisconsin (USA). 97 points, 4th place. 97 points, 4th place.